April 12, 2018
Announcement of Release of Compact, Inline Type of “DSC-S Series” Speed Controller with Adjusting Dial
CKD Corporation (headquartered in Komaki, Aichi and headed by Kazunori Kajimoto, President) will release an inline type of “DSC-S Series” speed controller with adjusting dial on April 13, 2018. The new inline configuration easily connects the tubes to a DSC Series speed controller that is provided with an adjusting dial for controlling compressed air flow rate.
1. Background to Development
The DSC-series speed controller with adjusting dial is used to control the flow rate of compressed air. The DSC-C series released in 2016 won the German iF DESIGN AWARD for the ease with which flow rate is controlled from the adjusting dial, no individual differences in products, and a compact design with a focus on functionality. CKD developed the inline type of speed controller with the functionality and design inherited from the DSC-S series.
2. Major Applications
(1) Assembly and transfer processes of automotive components
(2) Assembly processes of electronic components, including smartphones and tablet type devices
(3) Flow control of purge gas
(1) The industry’s smallest size
CKD adopted the same design as the DSC-C series with a compact adjusting dial that was released in 2016, to develop an inline type of the industry’s smallest size. It allows speed control of pneumatic actuators even in remote and confined places.
(2) Flow control proportional to the flow rate set with the adjusting dial
The DSC-S series controls flow rate proportional to the flow rate set with the adjusting dial and reduces fluctuations in the flow rate control within individual products. This feature allows multiple units on the same line to be started up and maintained by setting the dials to the same value. Users can significantly reduce the man-hours needed to control the flow rate, and prevent control errors.
(3) Numerical control with finer dial reading
Like the DSC-C series, the dial reading is designed for making flow rate setting in increments of 0.5 rotations. This leads to finer flow-rate control. As for the operability of the dial, a click is emitted every 0.5 turn. Therefore, users know the set value even if the speed controller is installed in environment where the dial reading cannot be seen with the eye.
(4) Pursuit of user-friendliness
Since the mounting portion of the tube can be rotated 360 degrees, the direction of installation, including bottom and side surfaces, can be freely selected. Furthermore, the direction of dial display is selectable from two directions according to the installation location.
4. Major Specification
(1) Body size: Available in three sizes
(2) Applicable tube bore: Available in five bores; 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 mm
(3) Fluid and compressed air to use
(4) Maximum working pressure: 1.0 MPa
(5) Minimum working pressure: 0.1 MPa
(6) Dial control range: 1 to 7 turns
5. Standard Price: 2,770 yen to 4,030 yen (tax excluded)
6. Sales planning: 8 million yen for fiscal 2018 20 million yen for fiscal 2020
7. Release Date:April 13, 2018