April 3, 2018
Announcement of Release of the “M Series” Oil Mist Filter
with differential pressure switch designed to alert to the replacement period of the filter element in two stages
CKD Corporation (headquartered in Komaki, Aichi and headed by Kazunori Kajimoto, President) will release the “M Series” oil mist filter with differential pressure switch designed to alert the replacement period of the filter element on April 4, 2018.
1. Background to Development
Oil mist filters are used to remove oil content in compressed air. Since there is a growing need for the centralized control and preventive maintenance of pneumatic system components due to the spread of IoT systems, we added a switch output function that senses the clogging of the filter element (used to remove oil content) by the difference in pressure between the compressed air inlet and outlet and then alerts the user to the replacement period of the filter by outputting a signal. This switch output function enables centralized control, optimization of the replacement period, and preventive maintenance.
2. Major Applications
(1) Machine tools that require oil-free air, including laser processing machines
(2) Food manufacturing processes that need to avoid the infiltration of oil
(3) Measuring instruments that require oil-free air
(1) The industry’s first two-point switch output
The oil mist filter is provided with the industry’s first* switch output function that alerts the user to the replacement period of the filter element by outputting a signal in two stages, “recommended replacement” and “required replacement.” This function achieves a higher level of preventive maintenance compared to visual checks. Even if the filter is installed in a position in which the filter element cannot be directly seen, the replacement period can be checked.
*As of February 2018, CKD researched.
(2) Indicator that can intuitively check the conditions of the filter element
The indicator designed for visual checking changes its color according to the condition of the filter element to help users intuitively know the filter element is clogged. The indicator uses a highly-visible clear cover so that users will know the condition of the filter element when looking at it from any angle.
(3) Selectable from three types according to application
Users can select the oil mist filter according to application from three types: Indicator only (no switch), Indicator + 1-point switch (required replacement only), and Indicator + 2-point switch (recommended replacement and required replacement).
4. Major Specifications
(1) Maximum flow rate: 250 to 1,400 liter/minute (ANR) (when primary pressure = 0.7 MPa)
(2) Working pressure: 0.1 to 1.0 MPa
(3) Filtration rating: 0.01 mm / 0.3mm
5. Standard Price
M2000 to M6000 oil mist filter with two-point differential pressure switch:12,820 yen to 25,650 yen (tax excluded)
6. Sales Planning: 10 million yen for fiscal 2018, 20 million yen for fiscal 2020
7. Release Date: April 4, 2018